The Louisiana Small Business Development Center (LSBDC) launched its annual Small Business Saturday “Selfie Challenge” initiative to promote Louisiana small businesses. Saturday, November 26, 2016 is national Small Business Saturday – a day to celebrate and support small businesses and all they do for their communities – and the LSBDC wants to make sure Louisiana is represented.
The LSBDC encourages the state to support its small businesses by shopping local and shopping small. As customers shop, the LSBDC initiative asks for them to take a selfie picture in the businesses and post it to social media with the hashtags #ShopSmall #LSBDC and tag the store in the post as well.
The LSBDC is a network serving seven markets that cover the entire state. Each market has a unique hashtag that the LSBDC encourages the community to adopt in support of the initiative. The recommended hashtags are as follows:
- #ShopNELA – Northeast Louisiana
- #ShopNWCR – Northwest and Central Louisiana
- #ShopSWLA – Southwest Louisiana
- #ShopAcadiana – Lafayette area
- #ShopBR – Baton Rouge area
- #ShopNorthshore – St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Livingston, Washington, St. Helena parishes
- #ShopNOLA – Greater New Orleans and Bayou Region
HOW TO PARTICPATE?
- The first and most important thing is to shop local and shop small, but the LSBDC added a layer of excitement to it and asks that while shopping in the stores, take a selfie or a picture with a smart phone or mobile device and post it to social media with the appropriate hashtags.